Thursday, March 18, 2010

ortho appointment

So, I make it through the weekend and first thing Monday morning we call to make an appointment with the sports medicine doctor. I get in to see her Tuesday morning. My knee doesn't want to bend much at all and I can't straighten it all the way. She says that there is more play in the joint than normal.

Diagnosis: possible ACL tear and possible medial meniscus tear.

I leave with some new crutches that I'm told insurance probably won't cover because our insurance doesn't like to cover crutches. Oh joy.

Also, I am instructed to continue with the rest, ice, compression, and elevation (RICE) as I had been doing. We want to keep the swelling down as much as possible for the MRI scheduled for Monday morning.

Wish me luck!
http://www.facebook.com/video/video.php?v=1381318261648

No comments:

Post a Comment