Thursday, May 6, 2010

One week post op!

One week post op! I made it through the first week! Yeah!!! I got out of the house for the first time last night and did my exercises while I watched Little I at taekwondo. It did wonders for my spirit to get out of the house for something other than the doctor or PT if even for just the one little hour. It is so easy to start feeling isolated.

One week, and it's a busy day ahead! PT and a mother's day tea at Little I's school. When I woke up in the morning, I wasn't quite sure how things would go. I was still tired and trying to manage the pain without spending all day sleeping. PT went very well. I felt much better than on Monday. Flexion was 95 degrees. Good progress. I felt hopeful for the first time in a while.

Since PT and recovery are taking up every waking moment at this point, I find myself going straight from PT to the Mother's Day Tea. Those mom's whom I knew greeted me happily and asked how everything was going. It was really nice to see them all. Those that I didn't know looked at me like they were afraid they would catch something. Sorry, but I didn't have time to change from my shorts and t-shirt that I wore to PT, and my daughter means the world to me. It's not like it's easy getting in to much else these days all wrapped up anyway. I already missed the spring singing performance that was the night following surgery. I would not miss this. I was going to be there. Period. Little I saw me sitting there with my leg stretched out on the cafeteria bench and smiled the biggest smile I've seen since before the surgery and my heart melted. They sang several songs before joining us at the tables for our special strawberry shortcake treat. Her place mat had a picture of the two of us. Me with my crutches. Both of us smiling It was really a great day.

1 comment:

  1. you were there for Little I and that's what worries on what the other Mom's thought about your leg and what you were wearing. I think it's amazing that you got there at all! you go girl!